Thursday, August 23, 2012

SCQuilters August GTG 2012

 

Helen Smart is of off travelling the UK and then Turkey and has left me in charge of the blog and it would seem not to be a success story right at this moment.

I’ve given up trying to post via Blogger, the upload time for the few photographs is appalling and I’ve been at it off and on for days, and I’m O- V- A it!

So let’s see how I can make it happen and not lose my sanity at the same time.

Our August meeting was a little light on for participants due to a number of factors including, travelling, illness or other commitments.  Still for those of us who turn up every month it was a rewarding effort.

P1050571 P1050569 Margret Fulton (not the cook) has been churning out mug rugs and this delightful sample was just the tip of the iceberg. She is also knee deep in covered coat hanger knitting, with these two samples being closely inspected as to how they will be stitched together having unusual pointed ends??

P1050570  P1050566 Ann and Robyn busily did a quality control service on Ann’s bag made using charm square sized pieces.  As you can see they deemed it most suitable for display and photographing!

P1050563 P1050565 Janet was hand piecing and showed off her completed blocks, they are quite stunning!

P1050564 Janet’s other show and tell contribution is this bag book by Lisa Lam, I for one drooled heavily over it, but managed to decline her very kind offer to ‘lend’ it to me…..I’m not sure I could be trusted to return it, so I decided to investigate acquiring my own copy!

P1050568  P1050567 Sharon was working on some really lovely Christmas themed stitcheries and her show and tell was her travel documents for her upcoming trip to Canada and Alaska.  I must point out she is taking her husband and not me on this occasion and I’m more than a little miffed!

P1050560  P1050561 Lynell’s pansy fabric work bag was just part of her show and tell, along with these stitcheries she was working on.

P1050562 

P1050559  P1050558  Robyn was another knitter at our GTG, it seems rife during meetings, in part because it’s possible to knit and talk and the same time and not mess up too badly with the finger!

P1050574 My own knitting show and tell were a few of the scarves I have been manically knitting, using this delightful yard called Pom Poms.  Just one ball and 4 stitches and I have a narrow scarf that keeps my neck warm here in the mild Queensland winters.  I’ve given several away, because we have run out of winter for me to wear them in!!

P1050573 P1050572 These work in progress show and tell items are my work.  The craze sweeping the Blogging and Pinterest world right now is the Granny Square Block. My blocks are 12” finished and I’ve used a ‘jelly roll’ style pre cut for the main fabrics and the back ground squares.  A really fun project.

The hexagon project is using 1/2 inch hexagons appliqued to a background fabric.  I’m still undecided what it will eventually become, but it’s coming together nicely and that’s the main thing!

So here I have the post finished, in double quick time with no swearing or cursing thanks to Widows Live Writer, now to attempt to publish it on the SCQ Blog and not my own???

Keep your fingers crossed and let me say hurry back HELEN!

Julie Donovan xxx

3 comments:

  1. I did it! I did it! The blog update is completed and I have not pulled out my hair or given up in a fit of rage......I love Windows Live Writer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good to see what everyone has been up to while I am away - helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done 'ole girl! Lovely to see some of my friends in the photos, and I thought you were Sharon's VBF. Huh!She's very fickle!!hehe! I'd much rather take a quilty friend.

    ReplyDelete